Houzz Logo Print
webuser_3889510

Need some advice on my greatroom

Jameelah
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
i want to build a wall to divide my great room into two rooms so that I may have a family room and a living room. I want to add a fire place and change to hardwood floors all the way to the kitchen however, I'm not sure if this is enough space to make such change. I have been trying to fine examples to get an idea of what I'm looking for.

Комментарии: 8

• Jameelah
    Автор
    hmmm.....I guess Im not sure how to decorate it as one room. Ideas?
  • decoenthusiaste
    Are you ready to buy new furniture? If so, a large sectional could jump start the project. Any color but black or brown - they are too limiting and look twice as bulky because of the color.
  • PRO
    Green Depot
    You can give the illusion of two spaces by adding some tall furniture between the areas you would like to separate. A tall shelf can add storage and provide visual separation without the cost of adding a wall.

Using the same flooring material for all three rooms would help the house seem larger. The flooring would be the continuing element that ties the kitchen, living, and family room together, and with the large shelving separating the two areas, you could decorate them as individual rooms however you like.
  • Jameelah
    Автор
    Yes I'm ready to buy furniture. So no Browns or blacks huh....? I would love to buy white or a lightish gray but I have a 1 year old and a 7 year old. Dnt know how that would work.

Oh and Green Depot that's a great idea! However I was going to build the wall myself. I was also going to sound proof it to limit the sound sense there would be a tv on the opposite wall.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    I would not separate these spacesI don't think the area is large enough as for white furniture go for white leather in a tough hide and it will take all the stuff the kids can throw at it. I have white leather 2 big dogs and numerous grand kids in and out all the time no problem
  • Jameelah
    Автор
    Okay yes I see what u mean the spaces would probably be to small an kill the open feel. It probably would be bad for resale as well. Those pics are very nice I love the colors and the furniture idea could defiantly work with the kids!
    I'll need to re-think everything now lol!
    Thx!
  • decoenthusiaste
    Here are some tricks for dividing and conquering without closing it off.
    https://www.houzz.com/photos/310-rambler-modern-living-room-seattle-phvw-vp~75698

Rhodes Architecture + Light · Еще

Contemporary Living Room · Еще