Houzz Logo Print
ccheong

Dining room dilemma

ccheong
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
Need some advice on how to spruce up this room by adding a little more of a modern feel mixed with some bling and colour. Not crazy about the drapery and would love some advice on colour, texture and style to change them too. Need advice also on area rug, is pendant lighting okay? Picture over the credenza on scale? What about stencilling that one wall with an ikat pattern and leaning mirror? HELP!

Комментарии: 7

• btydrvn
    Ikat wall ...huge leaning mirror against wall...instant wow...light fixture could be simple but graphic...a huge ball..or three...or very ornate gold bamboo to further the ikat mood if you go that way tortoise shell blinds could be good or some flowy colorful sheers...
  • lnicol8
    I think with the way the light is hitting the walls you could move the painting in the middle away and do something else over the credenza and two paintings hanging portrait on either side...seems like you have a lot of wall and need more big scale to fill it and those lights would hit them perfect. Also something lighter on the table for a center piece or runner to break up the dark wood.
  • PRO
    MUMMEINTERIORS
    Hi there! First of all I like where you are going withe furniture, wood floors and wall colors. In regards to stenciling, BE CAREFUL! If not done properly it can ruin the look of the room and look cheap. Wallpaper could be a good alternative to add interest to the room. I am not sure what your budget is for the space but venetian plaster would be fabulous on the ceiling. Also, if in budget I would invest in a larger chandelier. Attached are some samples for inspiration. Good luck! Matt
  • ccheong
    Автор
    Thanks Matt! Is that a carpet sample you attached ? If so, I love it! Any idea where I can look it up for a better view? What about the drapery I currently have? Thanks !
  • PRO
    MUMMEINTERIORS
    The left print is a fabric swatch something like that would look great on your windows. I can't really see what your curtains are made of so unsure but they could work depending on how the rest of your room comes together. The right textured swatch is a rug and I am not sure of the manufacture. Hope this helps.
  • ccheong
    Автор
    Thanks Matt!