Houzz Logo Print
s1c2

This is a copy of a 4,900 bed, I made it for $300

s1c2
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I got a local carpenter to to cut and hang the frame and side. made form lightweight MDF I painted the covered insulation with fabric and then used velcro to adhere to the wall. So far so good:-)

Комментарии: 91

• fab8
    Love love love that headboard!
  • lcl1984
    beautiful…all of it.
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    Great Job! Congratulations!
  • zazfuzzroc
    At first when you said insulation.....I was like...What? lol :) Then realized it was boards. :) I think it's absolutely genius!!! Glad you're happy and proud....you should be ....you did great! Enjoy it! :)
  • Vanessa
    Wow, you are one smart lady. This is most impressive. I want those lamps!
  • budmickl
    Love the comforter! Where did you find it? And headboard is really nice too.
  • PRO
    Spring Greenworks LLC
    How did you achieve the stitching and tufting?
  • Nelson Rajkamal
    Awesome man..
  • Kristen Long
    Where did you find the step-by-step instructions to achieve this look? If there isn't any, can you post them? This is so awesome!!!
  • 77cherry77
    Beautiful & Job Well Done!
  • Darzy
    Fantastic!
  • Kristen Long
    What are your wall measurements?
  • User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Excellent job. You would never know it was not the $5000 bed. Good job with the button tufting. Very professional.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    I have seen other variations of this type of headboard, previously; your version is quite impressive! Great job!
  • mifoi
    Solution simple et jolie
  • PRO
    Sonia Daigle / Vivre Ici Décor
    Bravo!!! very inspiring and it looks so professionally designed, I love it ;))
  • Lynne Brewer
    How did you do the floating nightstands. Is the brown part of the headboard or is it painted wall with the white frame being wood
  • condomary
    I'm booking marking this and going to Home Depot. WOW and BEAUTIFUL
  • PRO
    Keri Fields Interiors, LLC
    Looks Great! Very impressive!
  • PRO
    Spring Greenworks LLC
    Not to be difficult but you actually painted the button details and depth of the quilting w paint?
  • kailuaaloha
    Sorry but it's out of scale and proportion.....perhaps you can get a king size bed....this one is vpbeing swallowed up....What you could also do is paint the wall that shows, the same color as the frame and it would look more cohesive....
  • PRO
    Refined Design
    I think the proportions look exactly as your inspiration picture. At this point it doesn't look like you could even fit a larger bed in between the nightstands as some have suggested. I think the only thing I would do is purchase two larger sized lamps to put on either side of the bed like the inspiration pictures have.
  • chinch
    it's not a headboard, it's a wall and quite a showstopper at that! congratulations on a beautiful job and all that extra money you have in your wallet. which you do not need to spend on a king sized bed.
  • onegr8lady
    @S1C2: I absolutely *LOVE* what you did- kudos to you for challenging yourself to replicate the look. You did a fabulous job! One question: Did you put some sort of filler piece where the padded squares met? i.e. At the centre of the "X"
  • PRO
    Dawson & Clinton
    Great work, what a fun, mostly diy project. The bed looks spectacular
  • Sunny K
    congratulations!
  • tradhome
    Like it:)
  • Karen @into my window
    This looks fantastic and very custom. Well done making your very own unique piece!
  • PRO
    Spring Greenworks LLC
    Still would like to know if you painted the diamond pattern and button tufting, and how you created the relief look???
  • PRO
    Spring Greenworks LLC
    We all would like to know.
  • zazfuzzroc
    I believe.... don't quote me.... that they are insulation boards wrapped with batting and then material applied over it. Can't help on the button aspect. Some use hot glue? :)
  • beverlynn
    Good for you and good job!!! I can appreciate the savings!!! Last year, I bought a regularly priced $3,000 walnut bed for $425 at an Interior Design store's going out of business sale! Us regular folks appreciate beauty and quality also!
  • Crystal Walker
    Great job
  • PRO
    Krystina Hollenbeck for HiLuXeLifestyle
    very creative!! great job!
  • Natalie
    Hi---I'm certain the buttons were individually covered with the fabric, and threaded through the backside---when the thread is pulled taut the batting/fabric is pulled inward (stressed), thus creating a dimensional look. At least that's how I've seen it done. There are several tutorials on how to do tufting, etc. Here's a couple for those who are interested. :)

http://www.hometalk.com/3019163/how-to-build-a-tufted-plank-headboard?se=fol&tk=5v6ef7&position_type=posts_follow&position_num=6

http://www.livingwithpunks.com/2011/11/made-diamond-tufted-headboard/
  • zazfuzzroc
    Natalie, I'm not sure because she attached the squares to the wall with Velcro. Maybe she'll return with a full how-to? Lol :)
  • Natalie
    Perhaps just sewn on from the front. Not too difficult to achieve the tufted look sewn on, but then again, I sew/seamtress. :) You are too---yes, ZaZ?
  • zazfuzzroc
    Yeah Natalie, mostly holes....in whoever's clothes! LOL ;)
  • Natalie
    LOL! I think whatever her method/technique she did here, is just FABULOUS! It's a show-stopper for sure. :)
  • PRO
    Zaniboni Lighting
    Wow! Stunning. Wish you had don't a DIY walkthrough of your process!
  • PRO
    Spring Greenworks LLC
    Thanks Natalie, we will get to the bottom of this:)
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    Smart and Stunning! - Janis, GKB
  • wisneb
    Love diy and it looks great!
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    Great improvement!
    -Angeline, GKB
  • PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Well done!

• Sunny K
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Off topic - OP, do you mind sharing what type of flooring is seen in the pictures? Thanks!

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design

You did a really great job, it looks very pro. You are very handy , congrats !

• sweetpead3
    LOVE IT!
  • Melanie Combes

that is stunning, thank you for sharing ! it opens the perspective on headboards !

• ash
    Fantastic! I really like it..i think there's no greater feeling than being able to say.. "I did that!!" lol...