Houzz Logo Print
dbragge

What to do with the oak trim around fireplace

Danielle Bragge
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
We have just moved into our new home. Everything in the house is trimmed out in oak. I don't love the trim around the fireplace and the bookcases don't allow for a TV higher up. Any suggestions on how to update the look and so I put the TV above the fireplace?

(PS painting out the green)

Комментарии: 7

• hayleydaniels
    Get yourself a nice credenza for the TV so you and your family don't end up with chronic head a neck pain from having it tilted back in an unnatural position.
  • PRO
    DC Interiors & Renovations
    You can paint the wood trim around the fireplace grey to go with the grey tile. As far as cabinets around the fireplace, I would remove one of them (or both) and either replace them or put a TV table there.
  • PRO
    Maize Remodeling, LLC.
    I would suggest painting the mantle and the built cabinets. This would add interest to the space and offer a more modern look. I Hope that helps
  • Lor Castle
    Maybe paint the gold oil rubbed bronze
  • cmk024
    This is how my husband finished our fireplace. The viewing angle is fine for us. Another bonus is that the tv doesn't get blocked when people walk in front of it at a key point in the game!
  • haugenjo
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

You'll notice in taratink's photo that the furniture is pushed back a bit from the fireplace area. Therefore, the higher viewing angle works ok. Since your furniture is closer, I think taking the advice of Nor-Cal and putting the tv on an arm on the side would be better. That is what we did. We love it.