Houzz Logo Print
stinasaurus

Light Gray couch... but I want gray walls

Christina Nguyen
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I have a light gray couch, but want gray walls... what shade should I go with? Up for any other gray color suggestions or any other color.

Комментарии: 12

• Christina Nguyen
    Автор
    Hi Patricia,

I haven't moved in yet (close escrow next week) so I haven't had the chance to try out the paint colors on the wall & space. The color of the sofa is under all the paint swatches. the area behind the couch is pretty much 3 large windows, this is just the model home, but the couch would be sitting the same way (mine is a sectional too). I didn't think I wanted the back window wall as an "accent" wall but maybe that would be a good idea and the rest of the walls lighter.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    The sofa is pretty dark so I would go with the bottom left bottom colorand then you could have some real fun with accessories to bring in color.
  • Jolene
    On my screen the bottom two have green tint and the top two have blue tint. That being said i think once you get in and see what lighting does to those colors and what accessories you want it is hard to choose. I would go lighter than the couch.
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    Grey tones are all great. However it is important to add some color to the space either via cushions and or art on the wall.

J Design Group, Miami Interior Designer - South Beach - Coral Gables - Sunny Isles - South Miami - Miami - Pinecrest - Williams Island - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Ocean Front Contemporary Decorators - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • interiordesignme
    heres an example of a "gray" room - looks okay cuz it has those great teal accents, balancing it out
    Coastal Contemporary - Steveston Home · Еще
    Steveston · Еще

or.. get a teal accent wall ?
    My Houzz: San Francisco · Еще
  • PRO
    Whitehead Residential, LLC
    Fuel
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    Go two shades darker than sofa. Use white accessories, mixed with silver.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    I like the one on bottom right.
  • janicema8
    I have a grey leather sofa(more graphite color) and my walls are Benjamin moore misty grey and accents of ice cube silver....
  • PRO
    The R Streets
    I would agree with Nancy. If it is a lighter color couch go with a darker wall. I like to go with half the wall color for the ceiling unless you want to be bold and glaze the ceiling or use a metallic.
  • Natalie
    Hi---I suggest a wall color 2 shades darker than the color of your sofa. Make sure to bring in color through accessories. Fresh flowers add the perfect touch to gray rooms... Good Luck![houzz=
    Queen West Condo · Еще
    ][houzz=
    Prairie Trail Home - Ankeny, IA · Еще
    ][houzz=
    Elysian Residence · Еще
    ]