Houzz Logo Print
tacomd

Need help deciding on flooring

tacomd
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I have decided on the granite and cabinet style and color for my basement kitchenette. I' m trying to decide on flooring. The flooring in kitchenette will be used as the flooring for the entire basement.. Here are pictures of 3 floor samples, cabinet door, and granite. I need help deciding which floor looks the best with cabinet & granite.

Комментарии: 18

• tamwow
    Love #3 the darkest of the choices. Infinite possibilities for decorating, rich tone and depth, classic feel that will never go out of style!
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): tamwow
  • cmeister419
    Your kitchen may be very dark if you choose both dark cabinets and dark floor. That being said, I also like option 3
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): cmeister419
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    I think everyone is correct. I prefer number three as well. Good luck

J Design Group, Miami Interior Designer - Miami - Sunny Isles - South Beach - Coral Gables - South Miami - Pinecrest - Williams Island - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Ocean Front Contemporary Decorators - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
  • tacomd
    Автор
    There are 2 kitchen photos on Houzz that have the grey stained cabinets very similar to what I'm using. The photo that has the light flooring which is the exact sample that I have can be found in Houzz photos listed as mirage maple greystone #1 photo (hardwood flooring). The second photo with the floor color similar to the dark floor sample ( not the same sample that I have) can be found in Houzz photos listed as Altadore II the #2 photo ( Sagebrook Developments). After looking at these 2 photos, do you still like the darker flooring best? This flooring will be in a kitchen as well as the entire basement. I don't want the basement to be too dark.
  • PRO
    HB Home Services LLC
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    I would have to say the 4th. I think number three would make the kitchen a bit dark. The fourth I think would bring out the color of the cabinets while also making the room look lighter.
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): HB Home Services LLC
  • Leann Crouse
    What kind of flooring is that 3rd flooring. The grayish brown one? Looking at flooring and I love that color
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Leann Crouse
  • PRO
    Bath Plus, Designer Showroom
    The third sample looks like it gives you the most contrast and has the most personality. Definitely paint the walls a light color and have fantastic lighting in your kitchen. Can't wait to see the final results! Good Luck!
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Bath Plus, Designer Showroom
  • PRO
    Rousseau Reclaimed
    Always has to be a that one person that's different, (sorry about this) but I like the color of the lighter flooring in the first picture. It's soft, warm and still brings contrast against the cabinet door and granite. The darker floor (pic #3) is certainly a viable option and provides even more contrast to the cabinet door and to the granite, but there's something more soothing about the color-play when the lighter colored floor is pictured........
  • tacomd
    Автор
    The grayish brown flooring is made by Mirage and it is Greystone Maple. It comes in solid and engineered.
  • tacomd
    Автор
    HB Service do you mean the 1st flooring which is the lighter grayish brown?
  • Winn Richardson
    I really like the first one. Very modern and clean.
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Winn Richardson
  • PRO
    Smart Spaces
    The first image is the best for aesthetics... at least from the photo and lighting.
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Smart Spaces
  • PRO
    CS Art Services
    i like the first one and the last one beautiful
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): CS Art Services
  • bamamom
    I like the first one too
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): bamamom
  • PRO
    Nesco Upholstery
    Last one and then some area rugs where necessary perhaps!
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Nesco Upholstery
  • PRO
    Giz Design Studio LLC
    The 3rd one.
    tacomd поблагодарил(а): Giz Design Studio LLC
  • sxp245
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

tacomd, what did you finally go with? I have a similar cabinet color with Caesarstone london grey countertop and am trying to decide on floors. I have Somerset mist and Mirage Greystone top on my list as of now for flooring, but worried if its too dark for my bottom/island cabinets (Omega smokey hills). I have white cabinets on top. the floor with be throughout the house (open floor plan).