Houzz Logo Print
hunterslodge123

Kitchen remodel

hunterslodge123
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
No structural changes - just some updates. New paint, countertops, and appliances to modernize the kitchen.

Комментарии: 116

• jansgirl
    "just some updates" made a beautiful difference! Very well done!!
  • Natalie
    You did a Great job!
  • PRO
    Designer
    Nicely done - How much did you spent? Cabinets re-facing, countertop and backsplash... appliances are out of the question
  • Design2 girl
    Love your cabinet hardware! Where did you purchase those awesome knobs?
  • pjroth2000
    Designer...the correct word is "spend"
  • pjroth2000
    Great job...what was the cost of painting the cabinets?
  • cariolie
    Are the cabinets and woodwork ivory or white? Was it a costly project? It looks wonderful!
  • ujnaik
    To break the monotonous of all white cabinets, perhaps a turquoise vase or some blue pottery on the window sill or the island, otherwise a marvelous job.
  • Sandy Schmidt
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Absolutly beautiful! I understand why you didn't get the floors done at the same time! I undated our kitchen also even though it was only 3 yrs old when we bought our home. The redo costed about 700-800 so far. Paint, painted the cabinets, replaced the white basic builders flooring with peel and stick flooring i could do myself, and faux granite vynyl on the counters, (great stuff). I am still saving for new light fixtures. Great job!
  • PRO
    SOSS Door Hardware
    If you can live with the flooring for now, then by all means, leave it until later. I have a few rooms I've done that with. The flooring was still in good shape, and I could work with the color. I think it's easier to work over the top of the old flooring, rather than install the flooring first and then have to be extra careful with it.
  • mintjulep12
    Sometimes the budget just doesn't get it all done as we'd like at one time. A couple of nice throw rugs strategically placed will help draw the eye away from the flooring itself. And if the color is a bit out of sync with the new decorating, bringing that color into play elsewhere, like in the rug, seat cushions, a framed print or other accessory can make it look absolutely on purpose.
  • hunterslodge123
    Автор
    The cabinet paint (Dover white -SW) is more ivory than pure white. We got the painting done professionally because we wanted spray painting. Don't remember the charge for that but it was more than what we wanted to pay. :)

The knobs are from Anthropologie. Glad you like them.

The kitchen floor extends over a much larger area in the house. The material is good (Italian ceramic from Piemme) although it does look a little dated, especially with the dark grout. A future project for us could be replacing the tiles with hardwood but it can wait.
    Thanks to everyone for encouraging comments.
  • margareth1313
    Great job! Please, come work your magic in my kitchen!
    What is so wrong with the floor? If it is in good shape, doesn't clash with your new color scheme, and doesn't have to be replaced, why waste the money?
  • Laura Ricci
    Love what you did here. One idea you might consider: carpet. We carpeted our kitchen. Industrial grade carpet (low nub) is loose laid, with a few places glued down. I had this in a custom home many years ago, and was surprised it wasn't hard to maintain. Goes down fast, lots of pattern and color options, protects people and things from drops (no more shattered measuring cups, nor hurt toddlers) and cleans up with a damp rag, vacuuming after a spill dries out, and takes a carpet cleaning every once in awhile.
  • hunterslodge123
    Автор
    Hi,

I added some plants on the window :)
  • noelinaz
    Beautiful! I love the quartzite with the backsplash. The room has a serene and interesting feel.
  • Kathy
    Fantastic!
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    That kitchen looks awesome. I like how you have the gas burners on the island. Looks like a great place to hang out and cook with friends and a family.
  • jjjr
    Absolutely stunning!!
  • asquithoatley
    Wow!
  • Rosanne
    Beautiful!
  • PRO
    Brown Bros. Masonry
    Very cool! Love the island!
  • PRO
    Cleveland Designs
    Great job, I must say some interesting comments by other folks. I have a friend in California who on a budget ripped up all the carpet and painted all his floors White tile too, with the heavy duty paint used in garage's, it looks fantastic and very modern. If it gets a little scuffed, he just whips out the paint again, but the paint can take a beating, your kitchen tile might be able to handle the paint, just a little sanding if the tile has a hard baked on shine. Just an idea, a dark indigo Blue, or White would look great, to cover the brown.
  • Becky Hark
    What color is the wall and by who? Love the redo
  • hunterslodge123
    Автор
    Cay by Sherwin Williams
  • Becky Hark
    Where did you find the backsplash? It is what I need for my kitchen. I am copying some of your ideas. Thanks for sharing such a great redo. I too have a tile floor and will not be changing it any time soon.
  • PRO
    POLIWORK
    Very Nice !
  • Sheri
    Looks great! Such a big difference!
  • PRO
    Kustom Home Design
    Very nice! It's amazing what a little paint, updated appliances and finishes can do for a space.
  • hunterslodge123
    Автор
    Thanks all of u for liking it. The backsplash is from Floor and decor
  • dooders1981
    Love your use of resources and budget. It's lovely and lives well. Enjoy
  • jh77
    Very nice - looks like a new place!
  • PRO
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings
    A nice new addition. Congrats!
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    Simple yet stunning. Nice work.
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    Wow great job!
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    Good for you... by keeping the initial same footprint you saved alot of money and it turned out very nice!
  • PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    Very nice a fresh new look.
  • PRO
    Custom Design & Construction
    Great color choice!
  • PRO
    Talianko Design Group, LLC
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Ah, much better!

• PRO
    Solar-screen-shades.com
    Island really looks great here!
  • Idicula Samuel
    Very nice I love the big island I say add a few pendants and it will add to the beauty.
  • PRO
    Drawer Essentials
    Love it!
  • dooders1981

Love it!!!

• baja41k

The kitchen looks beautiful; I am currently redoing my
    kitchen myself as you have done with similar finishes. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you
    would share the name of the backsplash tile and where you purchased it
    from? Any help you could provide would
    be greatly appreciated.

Bravo on your kitchen

• stargazerr1
    Looks fantastic! Love the backsplash colour choice and really like that you put it vertically. Well done
  • Debbie Rizzetto

Wow! Really well done. What an incredible difference.

• stacey6180
    Great transformation!!
    We are in the middle of our remodel and I am currently researching hoods. Do you mind sharing which brand you went with and if you're pleased with your choice?
  • PRO
    Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.

Looks great! colors match perfectly, well done!

• stacey6180

I just noticed that's an older post, but I'm curious as to why you would do the flooring first? We are currently in the middle of our remodel and are doing the floors last. Flooring is the 2nd to last on a (long) list of our remodel timeline. We are new to all this and it just made sense to us.

• PRO
    User

I love that kitchen island!