Houzz Logo Print
vacarolyn

Type of kitchen appliances

vacarolyn
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
We are prepping our 14year old home for sale. What brand and finish are buyers wanting these days? Any specifics would be appreciated. We're talking refrig, dishwasher, cook top and double wall ovens.

Комментарии: 7

• hatetoshop
    People seem to love stainless steel.
  • PRO
    GTG Builders
    Koob is right, talk to your Realtor as they know what is hot in your market. One thing is for sure, new appliances are a great idea to sell an existing home!
  • PRO
    Yale Appliance
    Depends: Customers want Sub-Zero, Wolf, Thermador and Miele, but that is expensive. Look at Bosch. Its inexpensive and very clean looking. People also like the name
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    Bosch DW for sure. You want a stainless steel tub for the DW, not plastic. A Bosch DW feels solid and substantive, one model has third rack. Great impression.
  • crowley48
    Definitely a Bosch DW. I've had one in my current home about 8 years and we're building another home. I bought another Bosch for it. I won't ever have another brand of DW, that's how much I've loved my Bosch.

Builder's standard was all Whirlpool appliances. Ditched those too (mainly only because builders usually put the lowest quality of any brand as standard) and will be choosing a new oven, micro, fridge and washer and dryer this week (closing is in 2 weeks or so and there's sales now). We'll probably get LG on all of them except the DW and maybe the washer & dryer. I have a Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer that I love but they're 11 years old so we'll buy new.

Bosch makes wonderful appliances, IMO.
  • apple_pie_order
    It depends on your location and if a buyer plans to keep the kitchen or remodel it after buying. Talk to local real estate agents.