This old farmhouse (ca. late 18th century) has undergone many renovations over the years. Spring Creek Design added its stamp in 2008, with a small mudroom addition and a complete interior renovation.
The addition encompasses a 1st floor mudroom with extensive cabinetry and closetry. Upon entering the space from the driveway, cabinet and countertop space is provided to accommodate incoming grocery bags. Next in line are a series of “lockers” and cubbies - just right for coats, hats and book bags. Further inside is a wrap-around window seat with cedar shoe racks beneath. A stainless steel dog feeding station rounds out the amenities - all built atop a natural Vermont slate floor.
On the lower level, the addition features a full bathroom and a “Dude Pod” - a compact work and play space for the resident code monkey. Outfitted with a stand-up desk and an electronic drum kit, one needs only emerge for Mountain Dew refills and familial visits.
Within the existing space, we added an ensuite bathroom for the third floor bedroom. The second floor bathroom and first floor powder room were also gutted and remodeled.
The master bedroom was extensively remodeled - given a vaulted ceiling and a wall of floor-to-roof built-ins accessed with a rolling ladder.
An extensive, multi-level deck and screen house was added to provide outdoor living space, with secure, dry storage below.
- Update house with a high sustainability standard.
- Provide bathroom for daughters’ third floor bedroom.
- Update remaining bathrooms
- Update cramped, low ceilinged master bedroom
- Provide mudroom/entryway solutions.
- Provide a window seating space with good visibility of back and side yards – to keep an eye on the kids at play.
- Replace old deck with a updated deck/screen porch combination.
- Update sitting room with a wood stove and mantle.
- Insulated Concrete Forms used for Dude Pod foundation.
- Soy-based spray foam insulation used in the addition and master bedroom.
- Paperstone countertops in mudroom.
- Zero-VOC paints and finishes used throughout the project.
- All decking and trim for the deck/screen porch is made from 100% recycled HDPE (milk jugs, soda, water bottles)
- High efficiency combination washer/dryer.