Where might a find a rug like this?

judy0316
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
Country Living 2012 · Еще

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    User
    This rug is an antique; I recommend browsing several dealers until you find the one you love.
  • PRO
    Evamix
    there are a lot of carpets in Russia!) you can find it on flea market online, or ebay
  • susan58
    I'm curious to know what direction is the wall with the windows? I have a west facing room, and I'm wondering if black walls would work there. Thanks!
  • PRO
    User
    This black room has windows on two sides: east porch, and tree shaded south. In addition natural light comes in from adjoining kitchen on the west. Shutters help to control glare coming from the south.

I think the black color works here because of balanced light coming in from multiple sides. I would be concerned about glare issues if natural light is unbalanced: too bright on one side, dark on the opposite.
  • susan58
    This is a small sitting room, dimensions 11 x 13. There is a large double window on the west, as well as a door (with full glass) facing south, leading out to a covered porch. The windows and door are adjacent to each other and in close proximity. The entire house has a wrap around porch, so the light coming into this room is not direct. There is no door on the room, so it does receive some additional light from the adjoining bedroom. But yes, all the natural light is on one side of the room. Thank you so much for your insight!! I think your room is just lovely!