Houzz Logo Print
ox79

How to split a room in two (with bay window)

ox79
Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

I am interested in splitting this room lengthways somehow to make a small second bedroom in the apartment. I am a bit flummoxed on how to make it work, and thought some experienced eyes here might have really good ideas and experience at this. There are very high ceilings and a lot of light so there would be more airiness than might seem in each room.

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

IMO no way to have 2 bedrooms in the space and for sure no way to tell witout the whole floor plan of the spaces around it. Also some reason for doing so.It also appears there is a FP and one enrty . I am guessing but is the space only 13’ wide ? This seems to be a space at the entry but who knows. I need a lot more info. Who are the bedrooms for for instance.Maybe split the other way but thenyou wouldneed to add windows.

• Seabornman

Minimum code width for a bedroom is 7 ft. Newly created bedrooms require an egress window.

• PRO
    Maria Phillips

If you consider to have 2nd bedroom without natural light so there is an obvious way to split the room with a new wall parallell the bay window..

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

Then it is not a bedroom just a windowless space.

Sponsored