Houzz Logo Print
snarkyinla

POLL: If buying a new toilet, would you get a 1- or 2-piece toilet?

snarkyinla
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Most of the bathroom supply stores in my area only display one-pieces, with maybe only one two piece. They say no one wants two-pieces anymore. People I've talked to who have one pieces say they have (various or unspecified) problems with them and they would only ever buy a two-piece. What are your thoughts? If you had problems with one or another, please describe in the comments.

One-Piece
Two-Piece
Other (add in comments)

Комментарии: 9

• chiflipper

I installed 3 of them when they first came on the market...never again. A toilet is all about function. I have found American Standard to work well. Spend the savings on your countertop material / lighting / mirror.

• PRO
    Valley Elegance Kitchen & Bath

My comment on this is that 1 pc is just easier to clean since it doesn't have a seam between tank and bowl. Other then that either can have the same flushing mechanism. Over 26yrs in selling toilets I know Flushing has gotten 100% better then years ago.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

chiflipper, would you care to tell us what disappointed you in the one piece toilets? Are you unhappy with the cost or function or both? I imagine American Standard makes one piece toilets as well.

• blackandwhitelove
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 5
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

derk5 What toilet is this?-thanks!

• derk5

The photo is of an American Standard Cadet 3 model. Very pleased with the design and function of this toilet.

• Helen

One piece toilet for sure and a skirted model as well to hide the traps. Anything that makes it simpler to keep cleaning as simple as possible.

Why would a one piece be more problematic than a two piece if installed properly. I have the Toto Guinevere in my more traditional guest bath and the Toto Carylyle Connect+ for my master bath. The Connect+ has a better connection to the washlet seat - and also simplifies cleaning and has a sleeker look than it would have with the exterior connections showing.

• Carson Abboth
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

I had elongated 2-piece Toto for years, now I have elongated 1-piece Cadet 3 by American standard, it was very easy to install, just as said on Sanitaryreview, it is pricey though. But I like its design, it's also easy to clean.

• weedmeister
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

I want one that flushes.