Houzz Logo Print
schemesandspaces

TV and fireplace dilemma

schemes & spaces
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

The brief from the client was to re-design the wall which originally housed the TV above the fire box, all in a dark 'chimney' breast. The existing arrangement made the room feel small and dark.

Changing the orientation of the wall from vertical to horizontal and keeping the colours consistent with the rest of the room helped achieve a greater sense of space.

A specialty paint finish was applied to the new fireplace surround to achieve a 'concrete' look. Custom joinery was designed to house the equipment and create surfaces for display of books and decor.

The TV was brought down to the correct eye level and the fire place taken off centre, to create balance. Finally, placing the feature chair and ottoman in front of the fireplace provided the owners with a cosy reading nook for the cooler months. (Pic above - Before) See more on my website

After

Комментарии: 16

• PRO
    schemes & spaces
    Автор

Thanks so much, glad you like it

• PRO
    Alliance Robes

Fabulous transformation, what a difference. I love that you have moved the fire from underneath the TV this gives a greater feeling of space.

schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): Alliance Robes
  • Sara Graham
    This is great. Much brighter and a bet it feels more spacious. I hate TVs above fireplaces. Way too high to be viewed comfortably.
  • jrherbert3
    fabulous, I bet your client loved this room, it would be such a pleasure to sit in that chair every day and dream....gorgeous
    schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): jrherbert3
  • girlguides
    Sensational!
    schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): girlguides
  • Veronica Vallejos

Amazing transformation!! Did you need to knock down the chimney?

• PRO
    schemes & spaces
    Автор

Thanks Veronica. That wall is an exterior wall and the flue went out behind the firebox. The 'chimney' was just a gyprock addition which we pulled down.

• Kerin M
    It looks fantastic! Your client must be thrilled. Can I ask what fireplace you used? We are trying to do something similar at our house? Many thanks.
    schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): Kerin M
  • PRO
    schemes & spaces
    Автор

I didn't specify the fireplace - it was the one they owned, so I'm not sure of the brand but many gas fireboxes can be installed in the same way. Try Jetmaster - their Heat N Glow range has similar designs.

• Khanh Nguyen

Lovely transformation!

• PRO
    Nathalie Scipioni Architects

Wow! Incredible before and after. Congratulations!

• samrose18

Wow!

schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): samrose18
  • PRO
    Wallcandy Art and Paint

what a great wall...looks amazing and the wall/room appears so much larger..well done

schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): Wallcandy Art and Paint
  • PRO
    Clipsal by Schneider Electric

Such a transformation! Looks like a completely new room.

The Clipsal Team

schemes & spaces поблагодарил(а): Clipsal by Schneider Electric
  • Donna Ridge

So much better and helpful as we have the same problem of TV above fireplace - didn't think it would work side by side but this is great