Houzz Logo Print
notsure11

Choosing my dining table light

G S
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Hi please can you help out in choosing my dining table light I basically have neutral colours around the house
silver and gold leaf orb
Lindsey adelman 5 bulb

Комментарии: 12

• G S
    Автор
    Some more pics of the room
  • K Laurence

Dimensions? Are they large enough?

• drdeb1234
    I votes for the gold coloured, but frankly I don't think either is quite right. This room needs warming up. I like the idea of gold, but the one you posted is too stark and hard looking imo. Also artwork very much needed so I hope you'll be adding some, preferably bold and colourful.
  • G S
    Автор
    Still settling in so that’s why it looks empty
  • imhofan

Hard to vote without measurements; style wise with your table, the second/gold works better. I would keep up the search, look for linear vs circular and be sure table will be centered under the fixture.

• PRO
    Amelia Vallone Interiors

I agree with the previous comments. The room needs art on the walls. Some warm colors are needed, in particular because it is a dining room. A lamp with antique gold leaf finish would be better than silver leaf. I would also select a light fixture with crystals. I would also consider a rectangular fixture considering the shape of your dining table.

Good luck!

Amelia

• Pamela Mountjoy

I like the gold one. It seems you like the more contemporary vibe. I would get something that also compliments your kitchen lights. It doesn't have to match. That empty wall is begging for a piece of art and maybe a console table.

Here is another option I think would be great.

[Branching Bubble Chandelier, Light Smoke Bubble Glass[(https://www.houzz.com/products/branching-chandelier-light-smoke-bubble-glass-prvw-vr~38266255). Found on Houzz.

Here is an inspiration pic.

I hope this was helpful!

• cstoli
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

Pamela - I actually love the light in your inspiration pic. Is that an authentic Lyndsey Adelman light or from somewhere else?

• Kristin Baur

Great space! I have a similar space and am wrestling with the choice of a fixture as well. I agree with the comments above too, pick an art piece to pull from first. In my rookie opinion, gold sounds good, but your art/room should have warm colors throughout. I would also be careful with glass next to a window. You could end up cleaning the fixture all day long if the sun shines through. (Yep, I'm practical that way.)

• Pamela Mountjoy

cstoli - I'm not sure about the light in the inspiration pic., but I found that light on Houzz. I don't know if it's an authentic Lyndsey Adelman light.

• laurenmgreene

I love both! But I think the silver and gold leaf (first option) would tie the room together very nicely. As well, it isn't quite so trendy so you will enjoy it for longer.