Houzz Logo Print
shannon_kelleherscire

oddly shaped living room

sskell skell
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Hello everyone. I’m having a very difficult time deciding on the placement of the furniture in this room. We took a house down to the foundation and this is what the architect came up with. I loved it on paper and she said the stairs wouldn’t impede on the living room like it has. So I’m a bit disappointed that my room is so oddly shaped. Can anyone help me with some ideas for living room furniture. The room is 23x25. The front half of the room is 16ft wide from stairs to wall... does that seem too squished? I want a flow to the room... and the couch would be too close to the tv if it were over the fireplace.

I’ve been playing with some ideas... which were suggested to me by some Houzz users. What does everyone think of this layout? Does it seem too cramped? I would love some other ideas too!

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Amelia Vallone Interiors

Hello Shannon, the idea of a sectional area and another sitting area in front of a fireplace? looks good and balanced given the shape of the room. I have a few questions. What is between the sectional and the stairs a wall, half wall or a banister? Is the piece of furniture on the left high or low? What type of furniture is it?Built in bookcases? Is there a TV in the room? What is on the other side of the two French doors? A deck or a patio/garden?

• decoenthusiaste

Photographs of your room (all 4 walls) would be helpful.

• sskell skell
    Автор
    Amelia Vallone... here are some answers:

What is between the sectional and the stairs a wall, half wall or a banister?
    *its only in the process of framing so I haven’t made a final decision. I wanted the banisters showing but if I’m putting a couch there it won’t work... these stairs have become a thorn in my side.

Is the piece of furniture on the left high or low? What type of furniture is it?Built in bookcases?
    * the piece on the left wall is an entertainment built in piece. I’m thinking tv on the left side of the built in with bookshelves to the right. And an end table on left of couch

Is there a TV in the room?
    * Im thinking a tv in the built in... these are all ideas. I don’t even know if they’re going to work. I have to go today and start taping it out

What is on the other side of the two French doors? A deck or a patio/garden?
    * the two French doors open up to a large deck with big yard and in ground pool.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
    Thank you!!!
  • sskell skell
    Автор
    decoenthusiaste... I’m going there today. I’ll have some photos uploaded of the bare walls.
  • User

Is there a wall behind the sectional that space to me should have a nice console with decorative accents, a mirror or painting, a bench on the side of the stair wall and a nice tall plant on the left hand side corner.