Houzz Logo Print
patti73

Color Question

prple M
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hello, we are in dire need of advice on color coordinating, please. First of all, pardon the mess. The LR room (right) is cleared out for tomorrow's delivery of medium beige carpeting (with a hint of green) and everything is in the DR (left.) We are undecided on LR wall color; however, the DR is done, Benjamin Moore "Mt. St. Anne" wall color and sample of area rug.

Please help us coordinate colors. I really like yellow (the majority of the color show (beige) was on the walls when we moved in, so we are trying to steer away from heavy beiges/browns as the entire house was filed with it. Also, the adjoining kitchen is a very similar color., also finished. The sample paint next to the blue is BM Healing Aloel, but I'm worried it's too "minty" looking and doesn't go? Thank you all!!

Комментарии: 12

• lynartist
    I'm afraid with that green on the wall and your " hint of green" in your carpet you may be in for more green than you want! The only way you can make this work into two rooms is to add a separation between them! A line down the middle of the wall doesn't cut it! Adding a bump out from the soffit to the half wall could work if you really wanted to but why not just continue the color the whole way across the wall!
  • Susan Davis

Keep the blue but make it a bit lighter or darker for the dining room if you must have a color change, but I think just continuing the blue will be lovely for you and then you can use the area rug in either room.

Please refrain from Mint on the walls; it is just too mint.

• prple M
    Автор

Unfortunately, the house does not get a lot of light, so, while we love the pop of blue, it would truly be too darkening if all over. Also, the carpet installed and is a little darker than expected with no green. Majority ruled and green is "out!" We're now looking at BM Sandy Shores 948 or Sparkling Wine 949, perhaps? Other suggestions? Need a foyer color as well. The kitchen and dining room are recently painted and as you can see, vinyl "wood" is being installed. Help me make decisions so I can get my house back in order, please, oh, please.

• R S

I would go with a shade of white, to bring in more light and neutrality.

• lynartist
    Of the two I think Sandy Shores may be fine but it is very hard to discern color on a screen from afar! I would suggest however that you run the same color across the top portion of your dining space into the adjoining room as you do not have a natural break here! You can leave the bottom portion under the trim blue and then carry som blue into art in the top if you like after. As I said before, drawing a line down the wall is not a good look! I would use the same light cream color throughout this space.
  • lynartist
    Pic
  • lwfromny
    Honestly for the best look and impact those two rooms just really need to be the same
    wall color - there is just not enough separation between them to have two colors. I'd recommend either bringing the same color into DR or choosing new color for
    both. Either of the colors you have suggested is just going to chop everything up and won't look right.
  • Irene Morresey
    Have a look at the one above and below Mt St Anne in pic, both nice
  • lynartist
    Here are some ideas.
  • PRO
    Delaney's Design
    I live cocoa butter!
  • PRO
    Delaney's Design