Houzz Logo Print
rosie_connolly43

Something missing . . .

Rosie Connolly
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Freshly wallpapered the wall at the head of our bed and I'm really pleased with it but just thinking that it needs something extra on the wall. What would you suggest? Or is the wall paper enough? Excuse the hair bear, rug rat on the bed.

Комментарии: 18

• A B

I think a couple of bedside lights (possibly wall lights) is all that is lacking

• A B

Have just realised it's a bit late for you to install wall lights now!!

• PRO
    Yorkshire Fabric Shop
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
  • Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    This is the wall at the foot of the bed. I was thinking maybe a rattan heart in the middle of the papered wall, above the bed or a stags head. What colour lamps would you suggest for the bedside tables?
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    If you're doing stag head one may look a little odd and get lost in the wall paper design, so I would do two of different sizes, slightly staggered. Or three depending on the size.
    Alternatively if you want one I would create some kind of plain back ground for it to sit on.. as if like a 3D picture. I hope that makes sense.
    I Would also recommend bedside lamps with a little height and try to chose something that will project light upwards creating drama around the stage head for added effect.
    All the best, Gina
  • Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    That's great thank you, yes I was thinking about a mount if I did choose to use a stags head. I think id only use one as it's quite a small room really and feel that too may would perhaps be too much. I will take your advice about the lamps as well. Thank you!
  • PRO
    North Leeds Garden Design

How about you paint the headboard so it is more of a contrast to the wallpaper? That might give you the definition you're after. Combined with some tall bedside lamps as others have suggested it will look great. Maybe a dark wintry grey to go with the stags, try to pick out a colour from the wallpaper and choose lights to match

• Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    I think my other half would go mad if I painted the headboard although I'm not opposed to the idea at all! I've painted the two other walls the cream that is on the wallpaper. We have a big window that stretches the full width of the room so I've ordered some material swatches as I'd quite like the blind to match the red on the wall and the wallpaper.
  • soozmacrae

Love your ceiling light!. I think a couple of tall antler based bedside lamps would look fab. Grey shades or off white, or maybe even red!

• Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    Thank you! The ceiling light was from Next and I love it too! I was thinking red or an off white for the table lamps too. Thank you for the advice.
  • Sally Medd
    What about some picture shelves, with pictures/ornaments or different size mirrors? We had the same after redecorating our room and the headboard wall with a metallic copper which I though would be enough but it wasn't.
  • craftycountess

How about a small group of different size and shape painted picture frames. I had a similar dilemma in a previous home and did this, it was very effective and some of the wallpaper detail can be 'framed'.

• LindyLoo
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Not sure how new or attached to your bed frame you are, but a nice new deep buttoned tall headboard in a soft pastel colour to match or contrast would be lovely and a pair of bedside table lamps. Would add texture and warmth to the room especially at night.https://theheadboardstore.co.uk/products/venice-upholstered-floor-standing-headboard? utm_source=Click&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=Google_GB&ref=SFDR_27290157&variant=26719818887&gclid=CNTdw6X9kdICFUq17Qod9RgLiQ

• Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    The bed's only about a year old and I actually quite like it and think that it goes reasonably well with the rest of room but I do like that suggestion and will perhaps keep it in mind for when we need a new bed.
  • debanger3
    Forget the stag heads.
  • PRO
    Upholstery by Alan

If you did like the idea of the deep buttoned headboard and didn't want to replace the bed, you could have a headboard made that fits between the upright posts it wouldn't take a lot to secure. I also think you could have two boards made that would fit inside the panels behind the pillows and also using the same fabric maybe make mats for the top of your bedside cabinets which I think would benefit with some kind of feature lamp.

• Rosie Connolly
    Автор
    Ooohhhh I love the idea of the buttoned panels within the existing panels on the head board! If done right that could look fantastic! I would never have thought of that. I'll go mad see what I can come up with!