Houzz Logo Print
houzzaupolls

How do you keep warm in winter?

HouzzAU Polls
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Keeping warm isn't what it used to be in Australia.

Anyone remember standing around the incinerator on a Friday or Saturday night? How about the old kerosene heater that filled your rumpus room with rancid smoke? Or the open fireplace with sparks that'll burn anyone who sits too close!

Nowadays, the options are much more sedate - and safe.

Modern Fireplace Design · Еще

How are you staying warm this winter as the mercury dives?

See also: [How do you keep cool in summer?[(https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/how-do-you-keep-your-home-cool-in-summer-dsvw-vd~3999158)

Hot water bottles and fleecy jumpers
Reverse-cycle air-con
Ducted or central heating
Wood fireplace
Gas fireplace
Other (explain in the comments)

Комментарии: 8

• oklouise

zoned underfloor heating, gas space heating, lap rugs and extra layers of clothing

• jmm1837

Bed socks and a nice duvet. Plus, if things get really cold, a very hairy Greek wool blanket.

• Gemma U

We have a gas heater that we turn on regularly and that warms the main living areas up nicely. In bedrooms, we just chuck on extra rugs over our doonas and wear extra layers.

• PRO
    ATS Tiles & Bathrooms

Underfloor heating! Tiles are typically pretty cold but I don't like to put rugs over, so underfloor heating does the job :)

• PRO
    A J Corby Constructions Pty Ltd

Ducted central heating as the main source and a wood fire place for show and ambience

• Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek

Jmm, did the hairy Greek give you his blanket because his hair was keeping him warm?

• PRO
    Hunt Heating
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

As Australias largest supplier of hydronic heating, we have been providing Australian homes with stylish, safe and comfortable hydronic heating and cooling solutions. As exclusive stockists of an extensive range of premium products, we ensure that all homes can enjoy the benefits of a low carbon, energy efficient system.

We have just released an industry leading guide on Underfloor Heating, that contains information for both homeowners and installers, I believe the content within would be the perfect for many commenters on this post.

If you're unsure on how to proceed with your project I recommend you take full advantage of our personalised consultation service, available for both homeowners and installers. Using the latest design software and coupled with the expertise of our Customer Service Team, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll design a bespoke solution that delivers superior comfort that is also environmentally friendly and energy efficient.

If you would like a copy please email me on sophieo@huntheat.com.au, alternatively head to our blog to download a copy: Hunt Heating Blog