Houzz Logo Print
mggoehring

Dark hardwood floors

mggoehring
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
What are the pros and cons of dark (walnut) hardwood floors?

Комментарии: 11

• PRO
    Memar Architects Inc.
    Walnut is very soft
    And typically you don't stain it to show the variations
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I love walnut it has a beautiful color and suits a really elegant look and also goes well with a contemporary style

• grapefruit1_ar

Dark floors look beautiful. They show every speck of dust/dirt. If you like everything to look perfect be prepared to wipe/dust/mop them every day.

• Sandy

Dark floors do show the dirt. I have them throughout the main floor of the house. I think I won't have them in the kitchen ever again, though I do clean way more often so maybe it's like eating vegetables. Good for you???

• PRO
    ULTIMATE HARDWOOD LTD
    It's not the stain that shows dirt it's the finish. Matte doesn't show it. I do that all the time.
  • creatureofchaos
    I have oak floors stained walnut, low gloss. Cleaning them once a week works fine for me and if anything I'm slightly fussy.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

We had dark wenge floors in our old house in a matte finish and 2 big dogs I just used a swiffer a little more often I love the richness of walnut so go for it

• PRO
    Oak & Broad

Satin gloss level is very popular over Black Walnut. So it matte. Both gloss levels will help to hid marks or dust.

American Black Walnut Wide Plank Wood Floor in Charlotte, NC · Еще

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.

I love the look of natural Black Walnut. To me, this would be a dark floor I could love. I like plenty of movement in my floors (which is why I like and sell cork). The natural movement in Black Walnut will help hide the things a stained hardwood would show. The changes in the floor help things work a bit better. The won't look AS dusty or as dirty as a dark stained floor which appears as one large sheet of "dark". The natural blond streaks that Black Walnut shows is something that will help things hide a bit more.

• PRO
    ULTIMATE HARDWOOD LTD
    Walnut is one of the coolest woods out there