Houzz Logo Print
ckydniel

new place, layout, color, clean slate. ideas welcome please.

ckydniel
Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
Hi I JUST moved into this condo and its feeling pretty empty. I'm a 23 year old male student/aircraft mechanic. I have a mind of gears and industry but I also am very fond of nature and the world around us (if that makes sense). I'm new to all this but I seem to like the black/white/gray with a color maybe some red or a pea green something? I also like this vintage/industrial/modern look. I would like to get a rug and some curtains and I still do not have dining chairs. I'm bringing in an old desk 'like' the one pictured it is going on the wall next to the entry way, and I'm also thinking about an accent chair or recliner because I would like more seating. The flat screen is also going on the wall above the fireplace and the makeshift speaker/tv stand will be gone. I also have a ~1970s stereo/record player that I like the look of, any ideas on location and how to display it? I would love to hear from you all because I don't have a clue!!

Комментарии: 8

• elcieg
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
    Well, your roll top desk is a winner! Are those crystal knobs or porcelain? You could invest in a great upholstered desk chair which could double for that occasional you need. Also, look at etsy.com for your stereo. There is a pair of suitcases in the VINTAGE section you might like. A few pictures for inspiration:

New York City Loft · Еще
    Wrap Dining Chair · Еще

Perch Glass Lamp · Еще

Modern Office Chairs · Еще
  • charleee
    Try moving your stereo stack to the wall to the left of the kitchen opening, looks like it would fit well there. An industrial lamp for the floor, and one for on top of your cool desk: [houzz=
    Industrial Lamp from Band Class Music Stand II · Еще
    ]
    [houzz=
    Edison Table Lamp · Еще
    ]
    A couple of martini side tables: [houzz=
    Martini Side Table | West Elm · Еще
    ]
    Dining table and chairs: [houzz=
    Docksta Dining Table | IKEA · Еще
    ]
    [houzz=
    Tobias Chair, Clear · Еще
    ]
    And for color, how about a wall map (I noticed you have a globe): [houzz=
    World Map Watercolor Digital Art by Michael Tompsett · Еще
    ]
  • Manon Floreat
    That's a fantastic desk! I've put together a possible furniture layout that might work for you. Also are some items to give you some ideas for furnishings and decor. It features the the TV atop a longish, lowish console where you currently have your couch. The couch is opposite it. A swivel reclining arm chair is under the window. The desk is opposite the fireplace.

I think the both the hemp area rug and live edge dining table are elements that fit well with your fondness for natural things. The gear clock, I thought you might appreciate and the banker's lamp is must for that desk! I'd look into second hand stores and estate sales to see if you can up-cycle some of these items. It's often more economical and much greener.

Congrats on your new place. Good luck!
  • decoenthusiaste
    Try an accent wall (one with no windows or doors) in Sherwin William's Spicy Hue. Here's a room that uses it.
    Shoshana · Еще
  • elcieg
    bobbi, last week, DD bought two of the IKEA chairs. They are great!
  • ckydniel
    Автор
    WOW! So much inspiration thank you all. I like the idea of the dining chairs to match the kitchen. I don't think 4 chairs are really necessary for my situation, can I get away with 3 or just 2 across from each other and maybe a sideboard or something behind the dining table? Also My carpet is a beige color do you think think I will have enough contrast with a rug as light as the "keys"? Manon my couch will not fit on that side of the room unfortunately, and the desk is coming with an old metal lamp similar to that! Also my desk has porcelain white knobs, any recommendations on hardware? Should I ditch the stools altogether next to the counter?
  • PRO
    House Dressings Ltd
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Marais A Side Chair, Gunmetal · Еще

This industrial style of dining chair would suit your condo.